Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I'm Back!

I got back Sunday evening from my sewing retreat in the mountains. Very tired (it's a long drive) but with three completed projects. WooHoo!

I put borders on the quilt I made recently with 6 1/2" Chelsea Lane squares - don't have a picture but trust me when I say it's super cute. :-) Apparently I left some of the blocks from my Vintage Patches quilt top when we were there in August. I'd forgotten about that project but realized my faux pas when I was confirming our reservations etc. So, I found the other blocks, still packed and finished it, too. And, last but not least I completed the "guts" of the quilt top with my mystery half square triangles. It's the Pretty Maids pattern by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co and I've decided to do the outer border in one of the matching florals rather than what she suggests in the pattern. So, I need to shop for the border, backing and binding fabrics and finish it soon for my daughter, Kristie. It's perfect for her home and she fell in love with it when she saw the pieces parts in my sewing room. Additionally, I managed to prep one of my Country Cousins blocks so I'm ready to get back to my applique projects.

All in all it was a great week end - perfect sewing weather for me - we had rain all night Thursday and all day Friday - I crave rain. LOL

I haven't had much time to spend on the computer since I got home however I'm hoping to get to all the blogs and catch up on everyone's doings.

19 comments:

Libby said...

Yeah -- glad you're back. Looks and sounds like you got a lot accomplished. Isn't it fun to just be able to sit and sew with the rain coming down *s*

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Darlene! Love the 2 quilts you posted today - they look great! Glad you got so much accomplished at your retreat!

Granny said...

Pretty projects! Glad you had a fun and productive retreat.
Judy L.

Carol said...

Sounds like you had a great time and very, very productive. I think that's what I need to do. Find a spot to go sew...that would be a very happy thing. I love your Pretty Maids and Vintage Patches is a favorite of mine. I have it on my list. I have a ton of reproduction fabrics pulled for it. Glad you're back.

Juliann in WA said...

wow- two beautiful quilts - just love the scrappy look of them both- great work and thanks for posting pics
Juliann

Finn said...

Hi Darlene, glad to have you home again!! And such alot accomplished while there..my goodness!

And rain..I love rainy days. As long as I can stay home, that is...LOL
I love to sew and watch the rain, and listen to it also.
All the projects are looking wonderful! Hugs, Finn

Sweet P said...

What a wonderful weekend you had. You got so much done. Isn't is great to spend a few days away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and be able to finish projects?

Silverthimble said...

Well done -- three finishes is quite an achievement!

Jenni said...

Yes, you did get a lot done. It must feel good to be back in the groove again.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Darlene ! I'm glad you had a nice retreat. You did a wonderful job!

Smiles,
NADINE in Belgium.

tami said...

I am very impressed. Isn't it great when you can have dedicated sewing time. The quilts look great.

Shelina said...

Welcome back. Sounds like you got a done. Both of the quilts you posted look so beautiful.

Susan said...

Glad you returned safe and sound. Seems as though you were most busy while you were away.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I am soooo jealous Darlene! Oh my gosh! I love that fabric line anyway, and the colors, but your Pretty Maids is gorgeous! Lucky daughter you have! And I still LOVE that vintage Patches! I remember loving it when you showed just a few blocks. Well now I love it even more! It sounds like you had a great retreat! I go in 3 more weeks! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got back safely. The quilts look great. I'm jealous of all that time dedicated to sewing.

Judy said...

Wow you went and got quite a lot done! I like both the tops you showed. It looks from your picture that the walls are permanently covered in white felt/flannel for quilts?? Good deal! The cabinet you quilt is touching in the second pic is just like mine. White standard cabinet from Home Depot!!

Patti said...

Love the quilt on the bottom! So very simple but so great for lots of different fabrics. Is that pattern in a book or sold by itself?

Bonnie said...

Wonderful quilts! Isn't it great to get so much accomplished while having fun at a retreat?

Anonymous said...

Wow - 3 completed projects! I'd call that a really productive retreat - good for you! Once again I love your colour choices and yes, I totally agree .... rainy days are good sewing days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...