Thursday, October 02, 2008

Hello!

Have you missed me? Even if you haven't, tell me that you have - it'll make me feel good. :-)

It's Fall Market crunch time so I've been busy proofing patterns, sewing small quilts, etc. for my friends, Me & My Sister Designs. So, it's been a hubbub of activity. Sigh!

All work and no play tends to make me very unhappy. :-( So, I worked for a few hours this morning and then gave myself the rest of the day off. I finished assembling the blocks for "Summer" of the "Primitive Four Seasons" block of the month by The Country Loft. Hopefully, the first "Fall" block will be here today. And, I finally got around to making block #4 of the Designer Mystery Block of the Month from The Fat Quarter Shop - block #5 will be here soon. I've done a few embroidered blocks for a new project but they need to be pressed - I'll show them to you soon. BTW, if you sent an e-mail about The Sewing Bird and didn't hear from me it's because you're set up for "no reply". The pattern is on a CD by Kathy Schmitz and available from Colonial Crafts.

A few friends, Carol, Wendy, Judy, Sharon, and I recently completed a block swap for an adorable quilt. In the final package of blocks we all sent treasures to each other. I can't show you what Sharon sent because Judy has not received hers and I don't want to ruin the surprise!

The following mini quilt is from Judy - isn't it adorable? Gotta love those cute cards, too. :-) Thank you, Judy!
From Carol - a wonderful sewing machine cover and pretty post its with matching pen. How did she know I'd been wanting a sewing machine cover? Blue and red - my favorite colors. Thank you, Carol.

From Wendy was this beautiful Schlep Bag and cute mini book titled "The End". I've been using my bag often and really have enjoyed it. Thank you, Wendy!



I wish I had more to show and share but this is it. That's all folks! Thanks for stopping by - please come again soon and often!
In Friendship!

12 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Well the show-n-tell you have is FABULOUS. Love the little quilt. I've always wanted to make dozens of those. I hope I'm burried with my sewing machine and I can take it with me to the land of endless time. I'd have to go to the land of endless fabric too though. Yes of course we have all missed you but I know you haven't really gone anywhere.

Abby and Stephanie said...

I've missed your posts, really! Lots of great goodies you have to share. Such a cute little quilt.

Carol said...

Oh Miss Darlene, I HAVE missed you...please don't stay away so long. That quilt from Judy is the cutest.

swooze said...

Wow some very nice things. Of course we missed you!

Carol said...

Really cute gifts from your friends. Thank you for the information about the Kathy Schmitz stitchery.

Anonymous said...

What great swap gifts! Hugs

The DO said...

It's good to be you:) You sure have some talented friends... Though you're no slouch yourself (thouse cupcake pincushions? Too cute!), so I guess alls fair!

Wendy said...

Your stitchery is coming along so nicely. I had so much fun with our little swap, we are going to have a great memory quilt when it finally gets pieced.

Unknown said...

Glad to see you back and posting. Your gifties from your swappers are wonderful. Your stitchery looks great.

Hugs - Karen

Libby said...

Even if you are busy - you are getting in lots of sewing time . . . enjoy that *s* Glad you found time for a little post.

Judy said...

Ah but I got it now so you can show away!! LOVE all the stuff we got too and you did a great job on the summer blocks...I am so behind on this one! I got my fall group today!! so yours can't be far behind!

Nan said...

All the goodies you received are beautiful!! Even when you're not working for Me & My Sister, you're a busy sewing bee!! I love the Country Loft Summer blocks! I think I'll send you my Designer Mystery BOM's and you can make those too! Just kidding......sorta? LOL I think it's awesome the way you keep up with all the BOMs you have! You're a good girl!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...