Friday, June 03, 2011

The "Magic Beans"
*
I've been searching for the "Magic Beans" - you know, the ones that would work their 'magic' on my lack of interest in sewing/quilting. I haven't been searching hard because I figured they would eventually show up. LOL
*
Well, guess what? They're here - woohoo - this may just be the Magic Beans I've been seeking. It the Simple Things Quilt Along featuring two versions of a delightful pattern. My good friends Carol and Kelly have put their talents together to bring us this fabulous project.

Fabric requirements have been posted on their respective blogs and next week they will post the cutting instructions. The idea of this quilt along is to enjoy the journey - keep it simple - no pressure - just fun! My attention span is not very good these days I hope I don't lose interest before I even select fabric. LOL

I hope you plan to join us!

Thanks for popping in to visit - come back soon I'm having a party - can you guess what we'll be celebrating?



In Friendship!

12 comments:

Paula said...

I saw that and was so tempted!! So good to hear that you found something to inspire you again. :) Can't wait to watch your progress.

Allie said...

I'm so glad you found your magic beans, Darlene! A no-stress project sounds just right.

Carol said...

Oh YIPPEE! The Magic Beans! I'm so happy!

Karen said...

I've missed you friend. Glad things are as well as possible. Hang in there - it's all about the journey! I think the Magic Beans wait for all of us from time to time :).

Cheryl said...

Well, that didn't take long...great project to be inspired by. Have fun!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I saw that too but I have so many unfinished quilt along projects that I'm taking a pass at this one. But I'm happy that your found your sewing mojo again. At least for a little while.

sunny said...

I think you can. I think you can. I think you can!!!! I'm still trying to decide.....

Anonymous said...

Carol and Kelly have really made some pretty quilts to share with all of us! I'm hoping to find some time to play along....who knows...I may surprise myself! I'll look forward to seeing your fabric selection...isn't that the hardest part anyway? Oh and magic beans...when we were kids we would buy them at the 5 and dime. I think they came from Mexico...some sort of bean with a bug or worm inside that made it move...maybe they were dancing beans? Whatever...you reminded me of a favorite childhood silly toy. Hope hubby and mom are doing well...I keep sending out prayers you know!

Joanna said...

Magic Beans to the rescue. I'm happy for you, and I'm glad you shared the qal info. I'm joining in. I love the quilts Carol and Kelly designed. Couldn't resist.

Kim Brackett said...

I REALLY want to do this. I'm just a little short on time these days. But I may have to do it anyway!

Cheryl said...

So glad you found the magic beans!! I'm joining in too..such a cute quilt!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Yippee! I'm SO excited that this might be a magic bean- and that you're going to be stitchin with us! This is going to be such fun! Hey - what day are you off this week - my turn to call hee hee!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...