Sunday, January 01, 2012

Christmas Through The Year

(I'm late - I took a nap teehee)


Did you participate in Allie and Cheryl's "Christmas Through The Year" club in 2011? I kept telling myself that I should participate but kept procrastinating. Sigh! I watched from the sidelines while so many were making Christmas gifts throughout the year. Yes, I did manage to make a handful of Christmas gifts but not as many as I planned and ended up very frustrated with myself. Bigger Sigh! I kept waiting and hoping that Allie would announce that she was going to do it again in 2012 however she has other plans and decided that she couldn't devote the time to the club as she had in 2011. I sent her an e-mail and asked if I could continue it - carry the torch (so to speak). She said, "Yes" and then shared that Cheryl wanted to do the same. An e-mail and a phone chat later Cheryl and I were very excited partners. WooHoo!!!!




We hope that you'll make plans to join us in 2012 and enjoy making a Christmas gift (or two). Cheryl is a huge testament about the club - she made a gift every month and at the end of the year she had 12 gifts ready to give. Can I get a huge WOOHOO for Cheryl. :-)



Charles Dickens said, "I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year!"


Starting January 2, I’ll be doing a post every Monday to help keep us focused. We’ll be making ONE gift per month – if you make more, that’s excellent! Then, at the end of the year, if you play along every month, you’ll have at least 12 gifts completed. We'd like to suggest that you find a spot to store your finished gifts (box, totebag, drawer, etc); I have that cute snowman box for my finished gifts.

One simple rule: Your gift doesn't have to be sewing related nor Christmas themed but it does have to be handcrafted. Bear in mind that you do not have to sign up to participate - this bloggy club will remain open all year. If you want to do it that month, you're in if you choose to skip a month, no problem.

There will be small give-aways each month and will be sent to you in one of the stockings shown in the picture. This is an open invitation to anyone who’d like to play along. At the end of the month, you’ll have to post a picture of your gift you’ve made on your blog. We'll tell you where to post about your gift as we get close to the end of the month.

We're carrying the torch for Allie so we're using the button she created. :-)If you'd like to add the button to your blog, just right-click the picture, save, and use the "add a gadget" on your dashboard.

Cheryl and I are really excited and have some ideas and plans. We'd be even more excited if you played along with us.

In Friendship!

41 comments:

sunny said...

Yippee! I watched from the sidelines, too, and boy was I kicking myself when Hovember and December rolled around. Sign me Up! I was so sad when I asked Allie if I could sign up for 2012 and she said she couldn't continue. I guess I better be thinking about my first gift.....

Carol said...

That's very cool Darlene. I'm in! Gotta find myself a box.

Dresden Quilter said...

You convinced me! I am looking forward to this!

Wendy said...

This is going to be fun, count me in on the party. The box is a great idea I was worried about how I was going to keep track.

Cheryl said...

Yippppeeeee....here we go again. I thanked Allie all year long for her wonderful club, and I'm excited that because of her we are continuing on. Great post Darlene...I will be following suit in a day or so! So nice chatting with you on the phone.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Yep, I was kicking myself too! I'm in this year! :-) Thanks for carrying the torch! :-)

Kaaren said...

Sounds like a great idea, Darlene.

I might have to miss a month or two but I'm hoping not so count me in, my friend.

Sandra said...

Count me in! This is just the motivation I'm looking for to make Christmas more enjoyable next year.

Melanie said...

It was a December 15-- and I thought of all the cool gifts I could have made.... And while my sights probably won't be as grand as one a month I am planning to start making some things for Christmas early... My probably is the saving until Christmas part-- I just want to share them right away--funny thing...

Deanna said...

Naps are GOOD! I am thinking that this would be a great idea for me. Maybe then I will get at least one nap between Thanksgiving and CHristmas 2012.

Anonymous said...

I too was one of those kickin myself come Nov. So the past few days I have already been working on 2012 and will have a finish by end of month. Oh yes, I want in! Ihad been gifted so many things .... my plan is to do better for sure!

Lori said...

What a terrific idea. I have one big Christmas project to work on this year, so I'll stand on the sidelines and root you on!!

Marg said...

Thank you for taking over from Allie. I, too, mainly watched from the sidelines last year - did get a few done, but hope for a better success rate this year. So, I'm in!! What should be my first gift???

Mad about Craft said...

I'm going to have a go at this so I'm not panicing at the back end of the year.

VivJM said...

Ooh, good, so glad you have taken up this mantle, I need something to keep me on track with the gift making!!

Jo said...

This is just what I need, I've made a promise to myself that this Christmas, which is never as far away as you think I would make it a handmade Christmas as much as I could. So If you don't mind I'd like to join in.
I'm sure I've got a nice box somewhere and I have a couple of ideas for my first makes.
Happy New Year
Joanne

Narelle said...

I did something similar last year and I would love to join in here too. It was such a great feeling to have handmade gifts on hand at the end of the year.

Binsa said...

Hello Darlene, love to play along ...I managed to make a gift each month last year...made life much easier at Christmas time...Regards, O'faigh

Carol said...

Oh goodie...I think I can do this...I'm going to give it a whirl...thanks so much for the inspiration!

joan said...

I was so sorry I had not followed Allie's last year so count me in... It is excitng to think 12 gifts will be done without the rush at Christmas time to get them done. Thanks Darlene for c0-hosting this.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh I NEVER join things like this - I tend to make myself crazy (crazier) with them,but I just can't resist this one - I've already got something in mind for this month. I'll give it a try and see how far I get.

Happy New Year - let the fun begin!

deb said...

yay....count me in....just the motivation I need!

Susan said...

I've never made a handmade Christmas, and I want to. This is perfect to get me started!

Lorraine said...

Hi Darlene....I read all Cheryl's posts last year and kicked myself for not being more organized! So count me in for 2012. Already known what I will be working on...so I had better get cracking!

Anonymous said...

added button to my sidebar so I wouldn't forget to do this every month. Can't wait to get started.

Cheryll said...

It's great to see you carrying on Allie's tradition. I'll be there each month for sure! Thanks :)

Betsy said...

I'm in.

Lise said...

Ok this sounds like fun..think I have to participate and get some gifts made through out the year..thank you and looking forward in seeing all..

Laura said...

Im joining! Someone told me about this on my blog and so excited.
Laura
http://thecrossstitchcorner.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Count me in! I'm ready for the challange. I've got so many ideas and now just need the motivation!

Susan said...

Count me in! I'm ready for the challange. I've got so many ideas and now just need the motivation!

Carrie P. said...

sounds like fun. I look forward to the gifts you will be creating.

Talin's Corner said...

Came over from Allie's blog. I participated last year and would love to do so this year too. So count me in.

Unknown said...

Count me in. I work on Christmas presents all year, this will definitely encourage me to keep going.

Wendyb said...

I 'stalked' last year too but reeeeally want to join in too this year! Can I play???? A fantastic idea to organise myself as I'm hopeless and always leave everything till the last minute!!!!
sugary hugs
Wendy :O)

Leanne said...

This sounds good fun, I'd love to join in.

Leanne said...

This sounds good fun, I'd love to join in.

Val said...

I am so excited to do this again. I had so much fun being encouraged by Allie last year. I hope to join in this year too with you.

barb s. said...

I'm so excited about joining in, that I had to go create a blog of my own (my first - it needs some work yet!) so I have somewhere to post my creative accomplishments! What a fun idea!!!

paulette said...

I am SEW in!! Put my name down...or do I sign up somewhere??
Paulette

Carol said...

hope to join to do this, will give it my best shot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...