Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Scattered Blob :-)

I have not been pretending to be a blob - I have been a blob!  My friend, Cheryl, says she's been a blob, too, but she posted some serious eye candy on her blog this week.  Besides being a blob isn't really that bad, is it? 

Thank you for signing up for my birthday list last week. Thank you for allowing me to celebrate your birthday with you.  

I've been incredibly scattered with my sewing plans.  This, that and the other thing - that's what I want to be working on.  LOL 
It's time to get busy!

Last week I told you that I'm super crazy about all of Camille Roskelley's (Thimble Blossoms) new patterns.  I've made plans with Round & Round and now I'm moving on to Juggle.  It's an adorable pattern featuring a new Moda precut, Honeycomb that won't be available until late Spring.  Fortunately for us Camille has included templates in her pattern so we can cut our own Honeycomb pieces.  woohoo!!!

I had a Moda Layer Cake of Sew Stitchy that would be perfect for Juggle but I could only get one Honeycomb (hexagon) template from each - way too much waste.  I asked my computer guru (aka Mr Daze, Ron, Sweetie, etc) if he could resize both templates required.  Well, of course he could; that's why he's my computer guru!  Thank you bunches, Sweetie, I love you!

New templates made using several layers of card stock - perfect!

Drawn template on several charm squares

Pieces/parts of Sew Stitchy after I cut all the hexagon pieces!

Honeycomb (hexagons) ready to sew  :-) 
I'm a happy girl. 

Tomorrow I'll cut the white strips required to cut the triangles. 
And, then I'll be ready to sew.  woohoo!

While cutting this project the wheels started turning and I have a few more projects I'm going to cut soon.  I do so much better if I take the time to precut as many projects as possible. 

Wishing you pieceful days....In Friendship!

22 comments:

Cheryl said...

From one blob to another....great job friend!!!!!! Can't wait to see it come together.

Anonymous said...

you are on a roll Darlene,well done.xx

Kaaren said...

Looks good so far, Darlene. I'm anxious to see it all come together.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I like the new ideas - and I think sometimes a blob gets to thinking and comes up with fabulous ideas. Happy cutting and stitching.

antique quilter said...

ok I LOVE the size of these what is the size of the quilt?
what size was the original from the pattern....
oh can you tell I am interested too!!!
glad to see you sewing again....

Vicky said...

Hey, don't call my friend a blob!! Them's fighting words! ;)

Looks wonderful! You and Mr. Daze did good! I'm so jealous that you're starting this one! But I must finish what I started first! Can't wait to see your progress!

Carol said...

Oh my gosh I'm so excited I can't stand it...can't wait to see this come together! YIPPEE!

Karen said...

Looks like you've picked a good one - can't wait to see more.

Cindy said...

Looks like the BLOB in you has run away. Mr. Daze has excited you to cut alot of charm squares for a project. Maybe more of us need a Mr. Daze, LOL.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

We all need blob time! But it looks like you've got some fun sewing ahead. Have fun!!

sewfunquilts said...

Sounds fun!

AnnieO said...

Precutting is a thing I need to get started on. I tend to pile pattern and fabric together in a bin but wait a long time to cut everything. Nice of your sweetie to help out in your distress! Have fun.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Let us know how those honeycombs come together in the pattern. The new pre-cut has me thinking but I'm curious how it all goes together. Funky "Y" seams or whatever.

Just Ramblin' said...

Will be anxious to see this new project. Have fun! Nola

Stitched With Prayer said...

Hi there Darlene!!! Can I join your "Blob Club"??? I mean really??? We have had bitter cold weather, yesterday it was 9 below at 10 am and that was a warm day for us lately. I honestly have only left the house twice...well, three times if you count today for a few groceries in the last 20 days. Even though I keep myself relatively busy with my quilting, stitching and right now, knitting and crocheting dish rags cause mine are getting pretty ragged, if I land in my recliner, prop my sore feet up with pillows it's all over but the Blobbing. I just Blob out the rest of the day/evening. So I have to be very careful as I walk past that chair, cause it calls to me, LOL. So...can I join??? *wink* Big Hugs my Wonder Quilter :o)

Kindred Quilts said...

Great fabrics for this new project! Keep us posted!

Sinta Renee said...

Hmmm, I'm on pins and needles/on the edge of my seat! I love your hexies.

Jocelyn said...

Looking good! And looking forward to seeing what your creative mind has come up with.

Carrie P. said...

well, that was nice of your guru to resize your pattern. My hubby is good to do that for me too.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oooh this looks like fun! Enjoy!

Wendy said...

You always come up with the funnest projects. I'm just finishing a simple quilt but it didn't seem so simple while I was making cutting mistakes.

Lori said...

I hardly think of you as a blob! lol

Love your next project. I'm sure it is going to be a beauty!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...