Thursday, January 17, 2013

Join Us!

Recently, Kathy at Kindred Quilts made one of the quilts from this book and I commented that I, too, owned the book, loved her quilt and she should consider making every quilt in the book.  :-)

She said, "I will if you will"  LOL
I thought about it for as long as it took me to snap my fingers and said, "yes, let's do it". 
We exchanged a few e-mails about the details and decided that every other month would be a perfect. There are 20 quilts in the book so this could take awhile - LOL. 
I thought it would be fun to invite ALL of you to join us in the fun and Kathy agreed!

"Granny's Scrap Box" 18" x 21"
Simply Charming by Tara Lynn Darr
I couldn't post about our endeavor without making one of the quilts. 
I cut and pieced my first mini today - I haven't played with reproduction fabrics in ages.  I'd forgotten how well they 'play together'.  I was smiling all day. 
I felt like I was channeling Kathie at Inspired by Antique Quilts - she makes the best quilts using reproduction fabrics. 
All the quilts in the book are fabulous and Tara's directions are terrific. 
I couldn't post about our endeavor without making my first quilt.  I kept flipping the pages trying to decide which mini to make first.  Sigh - talk about a tough decision. 
I finally decided I'd start with the first quilt in the book, "Granny's Scrap Box". 

Kathy and I would love it if you'd join us in February with your first "Simply Charming" mini quilt. 
Kathy plans to add a link so you can link up your blog and share your mini.

We want this to be all about fun....no stress, no competition, no real commitment (if you want to play that's fine and if you don't that's fine, too) 
A mini quilt every other month in 2013 means 6 mini quilts by the end of the year. 
Doesn't get any better than that!  :-)

I wish you pieceful days.

In Friendship!

41 comments:

Kindred Quilts said...

Darlene,you are off to a good start with Grannie's Scrap Box! Very cute! You did this today??? I'm glad you agreed to one every other month... just so I can keep up with you! :)

Cheryl said...

You two!!!!!! I just commented over at Kathy's that this is very, very, very tempting...so now I'm saying count me in!!!!! Off to order my book :-)!

Loves to Quilt said...

Sounds like fun, I'm in. Now to find my book!

Carol said...

I have this book. Do we just make whatever quilt we want?

Wendy said...

Double trouble you two....., I just commented at Kathy's blog. I have the book. It might take me a couple months to get started. Your first quilt is adorable.

Kim said...

Great way to use up scraps. Looks great!

Anonymous said...

have fun Darlene.xx

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very cute! What a fun plan. Hmm, this is a book I don't own~ how can that be? Hubby thinks I own them all! LOL Have a happy weekend!

Béa said...

Hmmm very tempting ! Do we just make whatever quilt we want?

Darlene D said...

Hoping to get in on this! Thanks for the challenge!

Terry said...

This looks like so much fun! But as I don't have the book, I won't be able to join in. I'll just enjoy watching your progress! :0)

Cheryl said...

I would love to join, but I know myself. I won't follow through. I will enjoy watching your progress though! Have fun.

Ranch Wife said...

Se,, this is why I will not finish my UFO's this year! LOL

Cindy said...

Kathy said you two were up to something...LOL
And I see what you were up to is FUN!
The fabrics you chose are delicious.
Amazon had the book available so guess who just ordered it?
Every other month is very doable.

Shelley said...

Got my book ordered :) I'm in...I'm such a sucker for little quilts lol!

Yvette said...

I am in! Thanks for the offer. I have had this book since it came out, what a great way to use it.

Vicky said...

Love this little gem! You are going to have a ton of fun!!

Lori said...

Sweet! I have that book, so I play along.

Betty Lou said...

Oh you girls are so tempting me. Let me see if I have that book, if not I'll order it today and get back to you. It's doable if it is only every other month.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - when you get a bee in your bonnet, you really go for it - such big plans - I can't wait to see all the wonders you come up with. Your enthusiasm for these little quilts is catching - but not catching me LOL. I love how you are so good at following through and making so many quilts - can't wait to see them all. They are all going to be so wonderful - just like you. You brightened my morning - thanks

Linda in Calif. said...

Sounds wonderful! But I don't want to play just yet. Maybe the next go-around when I don't have so much on to do.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I will watch your progress. Looks like a lot of fun but I know the fun will peter out on me.

paulette said...

I'm on the hunt for the book!! You are such a bad influence!!
P

MARCIE said...

This is the cutest book. I love that you are doing this with it. I would like to get my act together and join you. I have the book back home in VA.

Carol said...

I'm in! What fun!

Carol said...

I just ordered the book - like I need another book. It's not a question of need and I do have plenty of fabric.

Karen said...

No wonder you've seemed so happy. I don't have the book, but will enjoy your pictures.

Deb said...

Darlene, you're amazing! Your quilt is just cute and looks oh so doable! You are definitely back in the swing of things.

Vivian said...

Book is headed my way. I'm in!
I love that these will be small--and the pace will be slow. And the nicest leaders :)

Michele said...

Wow! That's an amazing plan! Too much on my plate right now to join in, but I can't wait to see the quilts that everyone makes :-D Wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea if I had the time! I may have to just watch for a bit.....

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Looks like fun!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Brackett said...

You're such a troublemaker. :-) This is so tempting. And your little quilt is just too precious. I wish I knew how you accomplish so much in so little time!

Clare said...

Darlene I love your little quilt and then a QAL. Well I ordered the book so will soon be ready to join in the fun.

QuiltNut Creations said...

This is super cute! Can't wait to see the rest of them. You have finished more right? ;)

Melanie said...

I needed cheering up--- I ordered the book.... I had an amazon credit just begging to be spent.... Fun...

Anonymous said...

Count me in!

Carole said...

It's a great book! Love how your little quilt turned out. Funny how we made the same quilt _ Grannie's Scrap Box! Thank you for sharing! Cheers!

Bente Antonsen said...

How do I join the group? I have the book and need some help to get started. Joining a group is a great idea.

mangkimay said...

wow its great, i like it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...