Friday, July 28, 2006

LOOSE ENDS

I'm having one of "those" days - at loose ends. I just keep flitting from one thing to another and not able to concentrate any one thing. Ugh! I did receive my new issue of American Patchwork and Quilting so I was a happy girl - "fun mail" - LOL

I'm wanting to set up a table in my playroom just for applique prep so we went to our storage unit and got the table that will work and it's still in the car. Setting up the table means I have to clear space. Actually, I really do need to clean my playroom but can't seem to concentrate on that either. So, the day is getting away from me and I will have accomplished absolutely nothing. Double Ugh!

Now, I do have to say that I have spent alot of time on the computer today reading blogs and "meeting" lots and lots of inspiring quilters. That's been a bit of fun for the day! LOL

I've been waiting patiently for approval to join the Stashbuster Webring and then I noticed that there's a new ring being set up (problems with the other one) so I've applied again and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be approved this time! I've "met" quite a few of the people that are a part of that webring and they are delightful so it would be a ton of fun to be a part of the "inner circle". And, so patiently I will wait. :-)

Thought for today: "Patience is a virtue"

Gratitudes:
My DH who comes to my rescue when I'm having computer problems :-)
Going out to lunch
A double chocolate cake that a friend made for my birthday

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hi, i have just found your blog. I am new to blogging and i am also hoping to join the Stash quilt ring.

Your Pumpkin Hill blocks are lovely.

just jenn said...

Did you get a new look to your site? I have you in my Bloglines and it just looks so new to me. I have been following your Pumpkin Hill blocks and they are wonderful.

Vicky said...

Why don't you email Judy and ask to be slipped into the next opening on the ring? It would be great to have you there with us - although I visit you every day now! :)

Sounds like you just needed a break after all that gorgeous applique. Sometimes that's a good thing!

Hugs
Vicky

Juliann in WA said...

hi there and thanks for the kind comment on my blog - I have been reading your blog this morning and I love your pumpkin hill blocks very fun. I grew up in Arizona, Scottsdale - a friend of mine owns a quilt shop in Tempe. Haven't been back there in a long time - thanks for sharing all of your beautiful quilts. - juliann

KC Quilter said...

Darlene, it looks like Stash Quilts is back to the original ring now. Keep trying. I had to wait awhile to become a member and I am now on the list! It is so fun to chit-chat with all the members. I got my APQ mag today. It is an exceptionally good one!

Bonnie said...

Your Pumpkin Hill blocks are wonderful.
I used to hate those days when I did "nothing", but have now figured out that we are always doing something - so I try to live in the moment, be it sewing, or reading, or playing on the computer, or looking out the window.

Shelina said...

Days like that when I feel like I am scattered, the best thing that works for me is to allow myself to be scattered. Trying to rein myself in leads me to become more scattered. A do a little here, a little there, and overall I've done something. You need days for blogreading and catching up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...