Tuesday, December 11, 2007

More Gingerbread Men! :-)

I bet you're sick of seeing the "Men" that are adorning my kitchen this holiday season! :-) I couldn't help myself, I had to share these cuties.

As I look around my home and realize more and more than I am seriously missing the 'Decorating Gene' I can't help but make a HUGE decision! Yep, it's a decision I've been contemplating for a while now.

Are you ready for this?

I've decided that when I grow up I want to be Kim. She just continues to amaze me - this woman has some serious decorating and talent genes. Yes, she does!!!! She pieces flimsies and then quilts them herself on a domestic sewing machine; she designs and does beautiful applique; she paints; she cooks; she makes journals - and, this my friends is just the tip of the iceberg. Whew! I've tried really hard to be her QBFF so that hopefully she'll share some giftees with me but I've failed miserably. LOL

I have a major problem to overcome! Can you help me? I absolutely refuse to grow up so I'm not sure when I'll be able to become KIM. :-)

I hope you're finding time to relax and enjoy the busy days that are surrounding us right now. Thanks for visiting and laughing with me.

I'll be back later or tomorrow with pictures of giftees and treasures that have arrived from Nadine, Wendy and Nan.

In Friendship!

8 comments:

MARCIE said...

Yes, that Kim is something! She must go on NO sleep whatsoever! You, however, are in the same league. I have never seen anyone produce like you! Well, at least on flimsies! Your gingerbread look so cute on the colorful plates. Too bad about not having that decorating gene. I weep for you.

Vicky said...

I think you've got more decorating genes than you'll admit! I have zero! LOL

Can we all be Kim when we grow up? :)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Ahh, I stink at decorating too! I"m lucky I even go the tree up! And whats wrong with Men all around! Good men are hard to find!!! :)

Wendy said...

I agree Kim is a lady of many talents. But don't under estimate your talents Darlene. You inspire me everyday!

Libby said...

It's true that Kim does some marvelous things . . . but it's okay to have your own sense of style. I am enjoying the gingermen very much *s* Don't stop being yourself.

Not Lucy said...

You at least are trying to do some decorating. So far I have almost nothing up! Maybe tomorrow I will have some time to get some done.

BTW, your plates are lovely - I have some just like them!

Nan said...

I would like to be like Kim, but I'm never growing up, so it ain't happenin'. All of her decorating is amazing, isn't it?
I think you are selling yourself short, my friend - I love your decorating style! Your "Men" are the cutest, I think!

Kim said...

OMG, Darlene! I am SOOOOO behind on my blog reading and I thought I'd check in on you and what do I find? ME!?!!! LOL! Hey, does this mean that I'M grown up? 'Cause I'm pretty sure that's not so! ROFLOL! And what a lucky dog you are, being off for the rest of the year! I want to be YOU when I grow up! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...