Wednesday, April 29, 2009

More Kindness & Surprises!

First I want to say thank you for all your supportive comments and e-mails regarding the challenges facing my family right now. Thank you for indulging my request for thoughts and prayers!

A couple of weeks ago Karen at Log Cabin Quilter started pulling quilt tops 'out of the closet' and was doing an incredible show and tell. This pink and brown triple nine patch spoke loudly to me - I opened her blog that morning and was instantly in love. :-) I left a comment and told Karen how much I liked it and the next thing I know she's telling me that it's now mine and she's going to send it to me. WHAT????? No, she wasn't kidding and the box arrived earlier this week along with three pieces of fabric that will work nicely for backing. This is the picture that Karen showed on her blog - I hope she won't mind that I 'borrowed' it - I wanted you to see what I saw. :-) I have a huge pile of flimsies that need to be quilted - I have a tendency to put it off. (they do take up less room that way - LOL) I made a promise to myself that I will quilt this one very, very soon.

Scroll down - there was an additional surprise in the box!

I was shocked to find this beauty in the box, as well. I've never made a double wedding ring quilt but it's been on my "someday I want to make" list. Isn't it wonderful? I was so shocked to find this in the box that I had to double check with Karen to make sure that she meant to send this to me. Yes, it was meant to be mine!
I've been feeling a little sad and weepy lately - these wonderful surprises and others I've received recently have helped put a smile on my face. Karen, thank you so much!
I hope that you're having a wonderful day - thank you so much for popping in to visit with me and do come again soon.
In Friendship!

28 comments:

♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin said...

Blessings come in the most unexpected way. They are beautiful. Enjoy and looking forward to seeing the triple nine patch when it is finished.

Stina Blomgren said...

:o)... Karen is a wonderful friend...and most generous and a fantastic quilter... I can understand your luck...since I know how amazing her quilts are.. Enjoy them..!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Darlene I too fell in love with that quilt...it is stunning. It has gone to a loving home and will be a true treasure in friendship for sure! It also seems to have arrived at a perfect time as well...hope this lifted spirits for even if a few moments. I'm still thinking of you and your family. Loving hugs sent your way and many prayers.

Pat said...

Oh Darlene they are both beautiful. I hope that you find comfort in them. You are very lucky to have two of Karen's amazing quilts. Good thoughts and prayers are being sent to you. Hugs too!

Karen said...

I feel lucky to have found someone who will finish the quilt tops and love them! You are a good friend, Darlene.

Nan said...

WOW!!! What a lovely gift of the heart, and it came at the perfect time, too! Bloggy friends are definitely the best!
H'moosies++++

Abby and Stephanie said...

oh my goodness what generous, beautiful and lovely gifts. I did a small double wedding ring once. Fantastic teacher and class. I've never done another...also on my "to do" list.

Susan said...

Quilters never cease to amaze me--truly a gift from the heart. I can see why you love the quilt and the double wedding ring is a must do for me someday.

Carrie P. said...

Oh my goodness!!! How nice of Karen. I have been watching her quilts come out of the closet. What a blessing!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That was so sweet of Karen - especially because she already knew how much you would love it!

antique quilter said...

HOw very lucky you are! glad they made you happy this week and I hope whatever problems your family is facing they get better FAST.
Kathie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilts, maybe quilting them will help keep your mind off things too, hope your troubles resolve soon.

Candace said...

What an unexpected and wonderful surprise, Darlene! Both are gorgeous - what a fantastic friend you have in Karen!
Cheers!

sewprimitive karen said...

Wow, how nice is that? Those two quilt tops will have to cheer you up whenever you see them. And they are lovely.

Kaaren said...

Beautiful people deserve beautiful things...nuf said.

Carol said...

What wonderful, wonderful treats in the mail for you! Enjoy them! Good, good thoughts continue to come your way!

Wendy said...

What a excellent surprise, just when you needed it the most. Karen is a sweet girl. I know you'll enjoy those quilts. I hope things are getting better.

Wendy said...

What a excellent surprise, just when you needed it the most. Karen is a sweet girl. I know you'll enjoy those quilts. I hope things are getting better.

Latane Barton said...

What a beautiful quilt and such a wonderful friend for sending it to you.

Janet said...

What a beautiful gesture, It warms the heart and it's so nice it put a smile on your face.

Anonymous said...

So lovely! Karen is a sweetheart! You are very lucky indeed to receive a Karen specialty :o)

Nanette Merrill said...

Unbelieveable. We have some wonderful gals we associate with. They are so giving and so willing to do anything. Those quilts are treasures! Seriously!!!!

Carol said...

That's awesome about Karen giving you those quilts. I think that quilters are like a second family and they are there when you need someone to talk to. Karen is so nice and it seems like just the thing to lift your spirits. I hope things are better with your daughter.

Pam said...

Such a lovely gift!!

I hope challenges with your daughter and her family are getting better for them.

I always enjoy stopping at your blog Darlene and I think of you often.

onlymehere said...

What a wonderful friend you have! I too want to one day do the double wedding ring quilt and I love the colors she's used. I'm not quite up to that skill level yet and I certainly admire those who are! I hope things are looking brighter now for you. Cindy

Terry said...

What wonderful and thoughtful gifts! They are both beautiful!

Vicky said...

Fabulous quilts! That would put a smile on your face, for sure! They're gorgeous!

Lady of the Cloth said...

The next time I feel sad and weepy, I think I will go to this blog! How generous of her to share like that. But, you know, that's how quilters are.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...