Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Surprise from Canada
"in friendship"


When my DH walked into my sewing room and handed me a medium sized box that he'd retrieved from our mailbox I looked at him like he had two heads because I wasn't expecting anything much less from someone in Canada. I took a quick glance at the return address and knew immediately it was something from Kaaren at The Painted Quilt. Still a little confused though because Kaaren and I had not chatted about my address, etc. HMMMM! Very intrigued I tore the box open. On top of the lavender tissue filled box I found a card with the sweetest note and she explained the goodies inside the box were sent "in friendship" - well you know that sent me right over the top and my eyes filled with tears. The tears fell when I found the most adorable wool penny rug in the box. Kaaren had shown a couple of penny rugs on her blog recently and we exchanged e-mails about how much I loved penny rugs and anything made with wool but I can't work with wool. I'm allergic to the lanolin in the wool (it's a natural ingredient so it's in the fiber and will bother me even if the wool has been washed). I'd also shared my story with Kaaren that a acquaintance promised to make a penny rug for me and that never happened. When I showed it to my DH and explained the story behind it he too was touched by Kaaren's kindness. By the way, you'll notice in the picture a Cadbury Egg and a carved Santa pin that Kaaren painted and signed. (it's a package of 6 Cadbury Eggs but the package looked tacky next to my adorable penny rug).

Kaaren, thank you so much for sending these delightful surprises "In Friendship" - you truly have touched my heart and put a huge smile on my face.

You never know where you're going to find a friend and I have found many through blogging. Thank you!

I appreciate your visit - please come again soon!

In Friendship!

26 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

How very nice! It's adorable! ooxx`jodi

Nanette Merrill said...

Aw how fun. It is so sweet to get a package from out of nowhere. She's a great gal. And so are you.

Karen said...

Well, how very lucky you are to have received such a great friendship gift.
I have a friend who is allergic to lanolin but she is able to do the wool projects with no problem. You must be highly sensitive!

Loris said...

We are all warmed by this thoughtful gesture. Enjoy! The penny rug is lovely.

Amy said...

Oh you lucky dog......Maybe I should spread my adress around,lol! That is adorable......Enjoy it and your frind........Amyc

Stina Blomgren said...

The " In Friendship" gifts are the most wonderful ones...Kaaren sure touched your heart... and she did a fantastic gift for you...:o)
Happy Easter...

Unknown said...

Those unexpected parcels that just happen to turn up in the mail box I think are the ones to treasure. Such a sweet gift, and oh look a bunny :))

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a sweet surprise gift. Lucky you, thoughtful and kind Kaaren.

Threeundertwo said...

How sweet! I love penny rugs too.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

So lovely and kind. The penny rug is like none I have ever seen and The santa pin is so special.

Pam said...

So lovely Darlene!! How special to get a gift like that. Those Canadian girls are so nice :)))

I think those girls from Arizona are pretty special too!!

Carol said...

That penny rug is as cute as it can be...what a treat. Blogging friends are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Why I loved lurking as a blogger...and quickly seen friendships form. You are one lucky gal! Great Job to Kaaren!!!

Pat said...

What a nice surprise. It is lovely. Kaaren is very talented.

Carrie P. said...

How nice of Kaaren to send you that penny rug. She is so thoughtful to do that.

Millie said...

Darlene, those unexpected packages in the mail are the best. Cute Penny rug. Enjoy all the lovely gifts form Canada.

Kaaren said...

As all of you probably already know, Darlene is one special lady and easily defines all the unique attributes that are important to most friendships...thoughtful, caring, forthright, sharing and honest. I am very fortunate to call Darlene my friend.

In friendship too,

Kaaren

PiecefulChaos said...

Wow! what a nice surprise! The world needs more thoughtfullness like this!

Janet said...

That's so touchintg to be thought of in that way. What a lovely surprise. The penny rug is wonderful and I do love those santas.

Karen said...

Such a wonderful gift!

Wendy said...

What a sweetie Kaaren is to send a wonderful surprise friendship gift. Enjoy your penny rug and Happy Easter to you.

Yvonne said...

A well deserved "in friendship" gift Darlene. It's really cute too. :)

Dawn Heese said...

What a great surprise!

Candace said...

How sweet of Kaaren to think of you, Darlene! Brings a tear to my eye - she is a wonderful person!
Cheers!

Nan said...

What a beautiful, heartfelt gift for a very special lady. Yes, I'm talkin' about YOU!!!!! Blogging is a wonderful way to make very good friends.

Quilts And Pieces said...

WOW! That wool rug is wonderful! And the stitching is unbelievable! What a sweet surprise. Personally I"m so in love with the santa pin! I love that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...