Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never Say Never


If you'd asked me less than a month ago if I worked with Halloween fabrics I would have laughed and said, "never". Well, I'm here to tell you - Never Say Never. I like Halloween and I have a few quilty type things that friends have made for me or given to me but that's pretty much it. 13 years ago when I started quilting I made a super cute shop sample for a now defunct shop with some KP Kids Halloween fabric.


I had a super busy day and didn't walk into my sewing room until almost 7:00PM. I didn't think I'd get much done and wasn't sure what I was going to work on. I had these super cute Halloween prints piled on the cutting table but didn't think I had suitable background fabric. I almost did a jig when I spotted the cute multi colored polka dot fabric on a shelf in my closet. That's all it took because now I couldn't wait to start cutting and sewing. And, that's exactly what I did all evening and smiled the whole time. :-)


I just spotted the boo-boo in the first block - that will be a quick fix. :-)


The sashing strips are not sewn in because I'm not sure how many blocks I will ultimately make. It depends on how many more blocks I can cut from the remaining fabric.




I would love to make 30 blocks but that might not work. Here are five more ready to be sewn and I feel sure I can get at least five more from the remaining fabric.




I have doctor's appt tomorrow morning but after that I will be back at the machine!




Why?




Well, it's National Sewing Month and I must sew.



(bet you're getting sick of that - LOL)

I hope you're days have been pieceful.




In Friendship!

24 comments:

Cheryll said...

I LoVe the halloween colours... must get busy on mine! :)

Terry said...

I think I need to make a Halloween quilt after seeing yours! It's lovely! :0)

Vivian said...

Halloween fabrics aren't what they used to be. Now they're youthful, funky, pull in unexpected colors, just plain fun.
I'm not sure what's wrong with the first block. Must be my early a.m. eyes. Not totally focused yet.
Cute blocks!

Monica said...

I pulled out my very limited selection of Halloween fabrics the other day wanting to do something with them. And when I couldn't come up with an idea I promptly put them back. I like what you did with your's.

Shakerwood said...

I never get tired of you saying you must SEW! That means your mojo is still working. We don't you going through another "missing mojo moment", do we?

Debby said...

What a fun Halloween quilt you are putting together!! Don't you just love using up what you have on hand to make something wonderful

Anonymous said...

I won Halloween fabric a few years back and every year I move it around in the stash thinking I'll make a simple Hallowwen quilt. It looks like I missed this year too! Lol. Yours is adorable.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

I think I need to make a Holloween quilt too! Yours is darling!

:) Carolyn

Phyllis in Minnesota said...

Very cute quilt with fun fabrics. It's soooooo good to see you posting again and enjoying your quilting! Keep up the good work and enjoy!!

Carol said...

Cute as cute as cute can be! Love the background fabric!

Cheryl said...

Very spooky! You are doing a dang good job of honoring national sewing month!!

Karen said...

So cute!! What will you do with it??

Lynn said...

Your blocks are super stinkin' cute!

Lori said...

What a fun quilt!! Tired of "sept is sewing month"? Never!!

carol fun said...

OMG -sooooo cute! Makes me want to run to my sewing room and sew some just like this for me. Did you start with charm squares? I just bought some Halloween charm squares -I think this may be a sign from above -LOL

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Gosh, this is SO cute! I'm like you about Halloween fabrics. May have to reconsider!!

Staci said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love Halloween Quilts~~

QuiltNut Creations said...

Not a Halloween fan but this is super cute!! So posting all these fun next quilts, my list keeps growing lol.

Wendy said...

Oh my sew much fun you are having....Love it!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Adorable! I think I need a Halloween quilt~ on the list!! ;-) Have a happy day!

Anonymous said...

Looking good. Such cute fabrics mixed.

Thelma said...

Darlene, I'm checking in every day to see what you're accomplishing for National Sewing Month but haven't been commenting as to not use up your valuable time responding to my comments. But I did want you to know that you have made some adorable quilts, and so quickly too! Keep going girl, only 19 more days to go!

Carol said...

So cute Darlene. I'm so happy you're sewing everyday. Having fun, getting stuff done.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oooooo love the dotties!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...