Friday, July 10, 2009

Stuffus!
(catching up - whew!)

I'm sorry we've been MIA. Mr Hubby Daze has been busy and we needed his help to do all of this - he's a real keeper! teehee!!!!


From Joy: Here's the scoop on Darlene's recent finish - the hourglass quilt I found draped on the small ironing board. The fabric is called Miss Jump's Scrapbag by Moda (it was a fat quarter bundle with 40 fat quarters) and she cut two 10" squares from each fat quarter (two layer cakes ;-0) and then made quarter square triangles aka hourglass blocks. Each block is 8 1/2" finished and there are 8 blocks across/10 rows = 80 blocks. She doesn't plan to add a border - it's finished just like it is and she'll make a scrappy binding from the remaining pieces/parts of the fat quarters.




I'll bet you think we've forgotten about the drawing - if you left a cheering comment to help Darlene finish her "1930's Black & White" quilt. Without further ado we have a winners ............ yes, we have winners, as in more than one - woohoo!
Come on down!!!!!

1. Kaaren, The Painted Quilt (#16)
2. Carol (#12)
3. Allie (#25)

Please send an e-mail with your complete name and address and goodies will be coming your way vewy, vewy soon. Mr Hubby Daze says that Darlene will get your prizes together and get them mailed - OK?

Darlene has had some vewy, vewy busy days and she wants to thank you for all your good thoughts, too. Remember when she asked for prayers for her daughter a couple of months ago? Well, all your good thoughts and prayers are helping because things are starting to look much better.

Thanks for playing along with us..................The Wabbit Daze Gang will ride again vewy, vewy soon!!!!

Remember....

Naughty can be nice,
The Wabbit Daze Gang

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news about daughter....and congrats to the winners!

Candace said...

Congratulations to the winners - aren't wabbits wonderful! So glad to hear Darlene and daughter are getting through the rough patches!
Cheers!

Allie said...

*squeal* Oh my goodness, I can't believe I won - thank you!
I love love love the hourglass quilt. Way beyond my humble skills, though. I can't wait to see the binding - I do love scrappy binding!
I hope you've had time to work on the black and white quilt, I love that one so much! I'm working bit by bit on my quilt club quilt as well - I keep forgetting how long it takes me to make a quilt!

I'm so glad things are getting better with your daughter!

Carol said...

Congratulations to the winners! Oh you Wabbits have done a wonderful job keeping Miss Darlene's blog up and running. Great news about DD...

Carol said...

I love your hour glass quilt, great fabric. I have a layer cake of that fabric that I'm going to make a basket quilt with. I'm so surprised to see my name as a winner, very exciting. Thank you so much. Thanks to little Joy bunny too.

Kaaren said...

Woo hoo, yippee, hooooooray, son-of-a-gun...I won! Yikes! But no...I'm not excited...not in the least. N-O-T! I love you wabbit gang...and you too, Darlene!

And on the serious side, great news about your daughter, Darlene. Super news as a matter of fact. Thanks for sharing that bit of information.

Salem Stitcher said...

Congratulations to the winners! And it's good to hear good news on your daughter!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Congratulations to the very lucky winners. Those are such CUTE blocks. So glad to hear good news about your daughter.

Wendy said...

I'm glad things are looking up.
Congrats to the lucky winners.

Carrie P. said...

Yay for the winners. Love the quilt and I don't think it needs a border.
So glad to hear your daughter is doing better.

dotti white said...

Congratulations to the winners! Glad things are going a bit better!

Blanca Abreu González said...

congratulations....very beautifull

sewprimitive karen said...

I love those black and white blocks SO much. Congratulations to the winners of the Daze Giveaway!

Nan said...

Congrats to the winners! Thanks for sharing how you made the hourglass blocks - that quilt is gorgeous! Also MINE!!! I know I'll have to wrassle Joy for it, won't I? I'm askeered now - she looks pretty tough to me!
Another cute post, Gang!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...