Monday, May 21, 2007

About Me
(had to add an 8th little tidbit)

I’ve been tagged by Nadine to list 7 Things You Don’t Know About Me:

1. I spent my childhood on a ranch in South Texas. (you can take the girl out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of the girl)

2. I’ve been married twice. First marriage was a rebound situation but thankfully my daughter Kristie came from it.

3. I graduated from Kubasaki High School in Okinawa (no reunions for me)

4. I’m married to a man who is 13 years older than I am.

5. My only sibling, a sister, is 16 years younger (I’m basically an only child).

6. I’ve lived in the Far East (Okinawa) and Europe (Germany). I visited East Germany (Berlin) while "The Wall" (aka Iron Curtain) was still up.

7. I've only been quilting for 7 years.

8. I speak Spanish fluently. (I used to read and write it, too, but I've lost it)

I’ve been tagged by Mary Anne and Linda to list 7 Weird Things About Me:

1. I can remember numbers (old phone numbers, social security numbers, old addresses, etc)

2. I have an affinity for dates – when something happened in my world.

3. I can and will pinch you with my toes. LOL

4. I can’t stand to have long nails – need to be able to feel with the tips of my fingers.

5. I won’t eat raisins – they remind of bugs (yuck)

6. I don’t like crowds; I’m claustrophobic

7. I have friends and acquaintances but I’m basically a “loner”

I'm not going to "tag" anyone, as I believe most have been tagged. And, if not then consider yourself "tagged".



I'll post my Celebrate Spring Fat Quarter Challenge teaser tomorrow - I haven't progressed much since last Monday. :-( Nicole, Sister's Choice Quilts and Dawn, Quilts and Pieces posted their teasers today - be sure to visit their blogs to see their progress.

9 comments:

tami said...

He he he. I pinch with my toes too. ;-D DH calls me monkey toes.

Nadine said...

I'm glad to know some of your "secrets" ! LOL

... 7 years quilting ??? only ???? .... I would have thought you've made it your whole life through ! You're sooo talented ! (I guess you had the gene in your veins !)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

KCQuilter said...

Okay, now I'll never eat another raisin!!!!

Libby said...

I thought I was alone in remembering every phone number, address, birthdate that has come my way. I feel better now *s*

Lisa said...

Only quilting for 7 years with all the quilts you've finished? Oh no, I don't believe that! OK, I'm convinced... you don't SLEEP either, do you?

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing...only quilting for 7 years. You must be a natural.

I did it right the second time around as well, 9 years younger.

Patti said...

Aha! Caught up with reading your blog and learned more interesting tidbits about your life. I think it's that way with many of us quilters - we have friends and acquaintances but are very happy being all by ourselves for long periods of time. Need it, in fact - to stay sane! You've certainly accomplished a lot in 7 years - including developing a wonderful proficiency in applique!

Carole said...

I've really enjoyed reading about people. BTW, I pinch with my toes too! LOL Glad to read that you had a good time at the retreat! Looking forward to seeing your challenge quilt. Keep well and happy quilting!

sara, the house of charm said...

Your husband is older, woo, tell us how you met him? ^_^ Now, as a wine makers wife I must wag my finger at your grape/raisin issues. Grapes are our income! Now, having said that- Ryan HATES raisins too. Go figure. Won't even eat grapes. Sheesh. Thats like making cheese but being lacose intolerant.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...