Wednesday, May 16, 2007


Braindead! :-)

Can you say braindead? That's how I felt last night at 9:00 PM when my "play day" had come to an end. LOL

The class during the day was called "Night and Noon" and required that I think! :-) It's a simple log cabin block but it's the way it all goes together that requires that I think. I've posted a picture of a few blocks but you'll get a better idea when it's completely finished. This is a quilt that I'd seen advertised as a class over a year ago but couldn't find the time to take the class and then I saw it advertised at the quilt store near my home and jumped at the chance and glad that I did.

My class in the evening was Part II of last month's Moda University class and I didn't accomplish much so I don't have anything to show. :-(

***************************************************************************************************
What time is it? It's RETREAT TIME!!!!

Yes, it's that time again - retreat time! Tomorrow we're heading to the mountains for a week end of sewing, laughing, sewing, eating, sewing, laughing, sewing, eating and some sleeping. teehee Would you like to go - we have room for three more! We'd love to have you! AW, come on - we won't bite! ;-p

Now, I have to make some plans - what to take, what to take? I've been thinking that I would take just one "heavy duty" project and work on it the entire week end and then I had a thought - what if I get bored and need something simple. So, I've got my thinking cap on and making some plans!

14 comments:

Wendy said...

The log cabins are starting out beautifully. You're right to think about bringing more than one project. What if you want to do some hand work or don't feel like working on the big project. I like to have aleast 3 or 4 projects to pick from, just in case.
Have a wonderful time at the retreat and do only what strikes your fancy.

Nicole said...

Take me! Take me! lol
Your log cabin Night/Noon blocks remind me of my tessellations quilt that nearly gave me a nervous breakdown. You had to plan ahead as to what the neighboring block fabrics were going to be. I had dozens of little fabric strips all laid out on my cutting table and thought I would just die when my son opened a window and they all blew off!

Libby said...

Your Night and Noon blocks look great - that kind of pattern really calls for serious concentration.
Have a terrific time at your retreat . . . can't wait to see all that you work on.

Carole said...

When I get braindead, I have a glass of wine. Does wonders! LOL Your quilt blocks look lovely. I do like those colours. Have a great time at the retreat! Enjoy the fun! We're headed to Ottawa for the weekend to have dinner at a friends' house, so no quilting for me! Be well and Happy quilting!

Anonymous said...

What ? have you forgotten that May Britt & I will be there, as well ???? (if only !)... at least we'll be there mentally ! LOL
Have a wonderful time, my friend !

Biiig hugs & smiles,
NADINE

Nancy said...

Oh I think I see where this is going! Kinda a tessalating Log Cabin? Am I correct? Love your fabric choices. I'm really drawn to the soft pretty shade lately. Which anyone who knows me will tell you is SOOOOOOO strange for me.

Have fun at retreat.

Anonymous said...

Oh I want to go with you!

swooze said...

Sounds like you had fun! Glad you did :D

Carol said...

Oh Darlene, if I weren't going to Chicago this weekend to see Hampton I'd go with you. Have a wonderful time. Your log cabins look beautiful, can't wait to see this progress.

Leigh said...

Can I come too? It sounds wonderful.
Have the best time and take lots of pics. :-))

Vicky said...

That Sunshine is dynamite in those blocks!

Have a fabulous time at retreat! I know you'll come back with 79 finished quilt tops!! LOL

CONNIE W said...

Have a very quilty retreat! Sounds so good.

Unknown said...

Can you swing past Oklahoma on your way?....lol... Have a wonderful relaxing time. Look forward to see what you acomplish when you return.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh fun - retreat time! That means you'll come home with all kinds of good pics! I can't wait! And I get your Night and moon blocks! I hate thinking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...