Sunday, September 09, 2007

Bits and Bobs
(scroll down for stitchery and new applique project show & tell)

Thank you so much for leaving a comment regarding your fabric likes and dislikes. I really enjoyed reading about your preferences. I have another great question I'll ask you in a few days! :-)


Fun Mail Surprise! Recently this Sunshine charm pack and cute card arrived in my mailbox from Connie. Just a bit of mailbox 'love'.

Connie, thank you so much!









This cuter than cute Sewing Chair belongs to my Polka Dot Girls. Wouldn't it be fun to sit in this comfy chair under that umbrella with your stitching and a nice cup of tea or coffee and just while away the hours? Bliss!











New applique project prepped and ready to be sewn down. This is just a small project to do while I'm waiting for the next installment of blocks for my Vintage Charm project.



It's been a few weeks since I've spent much time with my sewing machine. She's either feeling a little neglected or breathing a huge sigh of relief that I'm leaving her alone. I've really been enjoying my handwork and am looking forward to lots more!

Thanks for popping by to visit with me. I hope you'll come by again!


In Friendship!


12 comments:

Anne Ida said...

Your "My Sewing Chair" looks great! I love the way these motives look in red! I'm doing them in the original colours, and it's taking lots of time...

Love your appliqué block! And the goodies from Connie are great!

Take care! Hugs

Carole said...

Love your blocks! Such beautiful work! Connie is a sweetheart, so generous in her loving! Have fun in your sewing room! hugs!

~Bren~ said...

Love your applique block. The prep time is longer than the applique time. I would love to sit in the chair under the umbrella and stitch!
Your love mail is wonderful. I like the card!

Juliann in WA said...

Is that applique from Kim Diehl book? I think that is one that I have done too. Love the colors.

Unknown said...

What lovely charm squares, fun mail is always so nice to receive, so much better than window envelopes....lol... Your Polka dot stitcheries are wonderful, and that applique is stunning.

Mar said...

the chair is darling! what fun to get an unexpected gift. That vintage charm is gorgeous, is it a BOM?

Libby said...

You always have something fun in the works . . . love that applique block *s*

Kim said...

Cute projects, Darlene!

Julia said...

I love both the applique block and the sewing chair. You have probably shared the info before, but I will ask again, what pattern is the applique from and what pattern is the sewing chair from? Where can I get them? I am wanting to do a little hand embroidery and think that this one is darling. TIA

Yvonne said...

That Connie sure is a sweetie!

I love the chair...cute block.

Your applique is wonderful as usual!

Wendy said...

I think I'm going to have to get that Polka Dot Girls book, it's just the cutest stitchery. Love the block, I might know which one that is. Can't wait to see how you finish it.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I would love the sewing chair. I want to do the polka dot girls. That is so very cute. And your applique block is to die for. I'm impressed with you. I do not do the "applique" I do buttonhole. Your my hero!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...