Sometimes with the burdens and challenges of everyday life we have a tendency to forget about all the little thing that make us smile.
Please allow me to share a handful of things that have put a smile on my face recently!
1. In Friendship - I've been signing off on my blog postings with "In Friendship" for approx 2 years. This week I received a thank you note from a bloggy friend and she signed it "In Friendship, xxxxx" - I actually got tears in my eyes because she really gets what those two words mean to me.
2. There's a new girl in town! And she's oh so cute!
A couple of weeks ago I was chatting via e-mail with Janet regarding directions that she'd figured out and she offered to share her findings with me via snail mail. I was expecting an envelope and was stunned when a package arrived instead. I found a Homespun magazine and this new little bunny - talk about a huge smile on my face. I haven't introduced her before because a sweet name eludes me - do you have any suggestions. Remember she's joining Thimbles, Joy, Millie and Bea Bunny - my Sweetie suggested "Stitches" but I'm not sure. Please leave some suggestions. Janet, thank you for making me smile!
3. Taking time to cut two new projects! This really makes me smile! :-)
I've been asked on numerous occasions how I get so much done. This is my biggest reason - I take time to pre cut a couple of projects and then I can 'power sew'. Besides, I do love to sew. LOL
The fabric on the left is Oh Cherry Oh and the fabric on the right is American Primer - both by Moda. Yummy!
4. Two flimsies quilted and ready for binding. This really puts a smile on my face!
On the left is North and South and on the right is my 3" nine patch swap quilt I did with Wendy over a year ago.
5. My shiny, new, red bobbin wheel full of "Frostings" threads by Superior Threads - this is an awesome variety of colors ready to use with my hand applique. I ordered these from Piece o'Cake after Carrie posted the information on her blog a couple of weeks ago. Thank you, Carrie!
6. No picture to share but I have finished stitching "Rabbits Prefer Embroidery" and will start assembling the blocks.
Please take a few minutes to think about the things that made you smile recently and would you please leave a comment and share one thing with me!
Thanks for visiting with me today - I hope you'll come again soon!