Sunday, March 23, 2008

JOY has arrived - literally! :-)


I literally found "Joy" in my mailbox late last week. And, I have to say that I was stunned to find this adorable "wabbit". And, she's mine, all mine. :-)

Let me share the letter that was enclosed with "Joy":

Hello Auntie Darlene,

My mummy said I could come and live with you, cuz it's not safe in Oklahoma anymore, with those nasty wabbit hunters. You can see my ear is bent and my head tilts a little. That's cuz I got caught under the fenze, trying to wun away from the wabbit hunter. Mummy say's my cuzin Thimbles is living with you in your sewing room. She say's if I'm a good girl you might let me live in there with her, amongst all those lovely warm quilts. I promize I'll be a good girl. Oh and mummy said to tell you that name is JOY. She says sometimes you can't remember where you left your joy, so she thought she'd send me to remind you to look in your sewing room."

As I was reading this sweet note I laughed and cried at the same time. In fact I read the note several times because I was truly stunned. The sweet Angel in blogland that sent "Joy" to me is Linda @ All Stitched Up. I don't know how I will ever thank Linda for this sweet sentiment - talk about touching my heart. So, Linda, I heart you! :-) Thank you so much!

So, then I introduced Joy to Thimbles and since then they've been romping and playing in my sewing room. Oh my goodness they are having way too much fun!

Here they are on my kitchen table, posing and looking sweet! :-)
As I was walking away with the camera I overheard Thimbles whisper to Joy - "this quilted table topper and I match, do you think Auntie Darlene will let me have it". You should know that she's been begging me for a quilt of her own. LOL I bet it won't be long before Joy starts begging for a quilt, too.
Thank you for letting me share! And, Linda, once again, thank you so much! You are a true Friendship Angel.
In Friendship!

29 comments:

Not Lucy said...

Joy is such a cutie! I am sure she will help you find joy in whatever room you find her romping with Thimbles! Blessed Easter to you!

Judy said...

What a pretty pair of knickers she has on *s*!

sewprimitive karen said...

Joy brought such a cute story along with her. Except now I'm all worried about how she almost got caught by the wabbit hunters. And she already has a new friend at your house, Joy's life is really looking up!

Carol said...

That is just the sweetest!
Happy Easter to you!

Shelina said...

So cute! I'm sure Joy will help model in front of you future quilts - Vanna style.

Unknown said...

Now I just knew she'd feel at home with you and thimble, safe from that nasty wabbit farmer. I was thrilled to make her for you.
(((Hugs)))

Pam said...

What a cutie!! It certainly does look like Joy and Thimble are becoming fast friends :)))

Linda is sure sweet to have rescued Joy and sent her to you. I'm sure there are far less wabbit hunters in Arizona.

Jenny said...

I loved reading about Joy. She has sure made herself at home at your place! Enjoy Joy!!!

Nicole said...

Happy Easter Darlene. Hope Joy is a wonderful addition to your family of "wabbits"!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love your little bunnies. What a nice thing Linda did for you. Love the little quilt on your table too. ADORABLE.
Happy Easter

Elaine Adair said...

What a dear story! I am smiling here.

Mar said...

Oh so sweet, Linda and Joy! Happy Easter!

Doe said...

Awwww, such a cutie! Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Linda sure was sweet to send you Joy. I'll bet those two are going to cause a rucus! You'd better keep an eye on them.

I love your table runner, it's so pretty and spring-like! Happy Easter!

Ginger Patches said...

Joy is a cutie! I'm glad she and Thimbles are having so much fun :) I love the little table topper!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a lovely new friend you have, I am sure Joy will be very happy in her new home....

May Kristin said...

What a cutie! I loved the note Linda sent with Joy! That's so sweet of her!
Well, I think you better have to make a quilt for both Thimble and Joy as soon as possible, if you want to have a little peace and quiet! LOL! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Such a thoughtful gift, for a thoughtful quilter :>)
ENJOY my friend ! ... Well it seems the family is getting bigger, and bigger, HeeHee...

Biiiiig (((HUGS))) & smiles to you, hello to Ron and a very Happy Easter to both of you !

NADINE

Cheryl said...

Oh Joy, Joy, Joy! What a sweet and wonderful thing to do. They look so happy together...we look forward to the adventures of Thimbles and Joy.

Knot Garden said...

Bunnies are so cute. They look like friends already.

Wendy said...

I think Joy and Thimbles will be instant friends for sure. They look so sweet together. Linda story is so cute, I loved reading it. What a sweetie she is for sure.

Jeanne said...

Ah, isn't she sweet and dressed so cute! Thank goodness she was able to escape from the hunters and is now safe with you and Thimbles. That Linda is a sweetie.

Nanette Merrill said...

I love that quilt. So darling.

Floss said...

Joy is adorable; she should enjoy living in your sewing room

Linda said...

What a sweet story....it touched my heart too. Cute bunny wabbits, both of them. Hugs, Linda

Nan said...

Joy will definitely bring JOY to your life, and now Miss T has a wabbity fwiend and playmate! How adorable she is, and what a wonderful friend is Linda! Love the note and the sentiment behind it. Blogging friends are the absolute best!!

Idaho Quilter said...

How nice to get a lovely little friend in the mail. Linda is a busy gal and so creative. That rabbit is so cute,

Thimbleanna said...

That Joy sure is cute! You better be careful though -- she looks like she could squish little Thimbles LOL!!!

Sweet P said...

Joy is adorable! She looks so happy in her new home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...