Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jelly Cakes and Fresh Squeezed! :-)

My friends went to Spring Market in Portland and when they returned they told me that they had purchased two Jelly Cakes (Jelly Roll and Layer Cake) for me but I'd have to wait for the crate to arrive. Then I had to wait for them to dig my Jelly Cakes out of the crate - I've been waiting ever so patiently and I got my hands on them today. WoooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooo! These are Cotton Blossoms by Moda and mother and daughter design team Bonnie/Cotton Way and Camille/Thimble Blossoms. I'm one very excited woman!! LOL


And, I received my outer border fabric earlier this week so another finished flimsy. I know you're probably sick of seeing this one but it's Key Holes by Anka Treasures.

Last night I was stitching down the binding on a few treats and surprises for others and realized that I have not actually quilted one of my flimsies in quite a while. So, maybe it's time to stop piecing and think about quilting a flimsy or two or three. I have several new flimsies that I'm anxious to see quilted however I can think of quite a few 'golden oldies' that deserve to be quilted too. HMMM - this might deserve some serious consideration.
I appreciate that you stop by to read about the happenings in my little corner of the world. Please come again!
In Friendship!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm jealous! Lookin' good.
:)

Libby said...

What if you gave each flimsie a number, then drew one out of the hat *s*

Wendy said...

I love the border fabric on your fresh squeezed quilt. Do you have something planned for the jelly cakes? I'd pick the quilt that gives me the most inspiration. Good luck choosing.

Cathi said...

The jelly rolls look wonderful! Lucky you!!

Unknown said...

Well aren't you the spoilt girl? Love the flimsy.

Jodi Nelson said...

LOL. Girl you crack me up. O.K. you can quit pouting now. You are officially on my sidebar! I thought you were there. Lo and behold, you weren't! ~sigh~ HUGS!!!!! ~jodi

Ginger Patches said...

I love the turquoise inner border on your Fresh Squeezed....if I ever find any more charm packs I'm a gonna copy you :)

You are sooo lucky with those jelly cakes!!! Are they 2 different color ways? Oh fun, fun, fun!!!

I keep saying the same thing about quilting the flimsies. I did finally finish one of my Christmas quilts a couple of weeks ago, but I need to do a lot more! I did get one basted the other night so that's a step in the right direction :) But then I started in on the piecing again...

Hugs to you big sis!

Anne Ida said...

What fun shopping :o) And great flimsy!

Carol said...

Love the border on your Keyholes...that inner border just makes it sing. Love it! Love it! Oh those jelly cakes are wonderful...you know what I say..."Do whatever makes you happy"

swooze said...

Jelly Cakes...oooohhhhhhh nooooooooo...

Nan said...

Jelly cakes - yuuuuuummmmmmyyy!! They are beautiful! I've had my eye on that line, too. I may have to copy you again!
Your quilt is just too lovely for words - the border is perfection.

Nanette Merrill said...

I love the keyholes! I never get tired of seeing different fabric sewin in the same way. Its the fabric that makes it.

I'm pretty jealous of the cotton way coup you got. But if I can't have it yet there isn't anyone else I'd rather have get it than you.

Quilt those flimsies girl!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh lucky you...your jelly cakes look good enough to eat! Your quilt looks great with that border on. Oh flimsie's, uggggggy...where do I begin :-)?!

Kim said...

Where have I been? I've never seen Jelly Cakes until now! You flimsy is very "fresh and hip", no need for apology's here. :)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

It's always nice to get surprises isnt it Miss Darlene?? Love that fabric and your quilt of course.

Quilts And Pieces said...

fun, fun, fun! I"m still waiting for the Smores fabric line to get out to start one of those projects I told you about!

Unknown said...

yummy - I am so jealous! Any plans for them?

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love those Jelly Cakes - what great friends you have!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...