Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ho-Hum!


(very little sewing)



I was out the door bright and early this morning to visit the lab for more blood tests; pharmacy to drop off a prescription and grab a little tidbit for my daughter; then a ride out to my daughter's to drop off said tidbit - stayed awhile to play with my favorite girlie, Shaye and chat with my favorite daughter, Kris :-)


(I can play favorites - she's my only daughter - LOL)



Anyway, I didn't get into my sewing room until early evening. Managed to piece a few backings and bindings; I'm anxious to start quilting some of my recently completed flimsies.



BTW, the bottom pieced backing is adorable pumpkins I found in my stash. For someone who doesn't sew for Halloween why do I have that chunk of Halloween fabric? Who knows - LOL - it's obviously been there awhile.




And, then I spent a little time playing with a Clermont Farms Moda Candy Bar (it soon became just Candy - LOL)




That's it for today ..... Ho-Hum! :-)



Did you have a pieceful day?



In Friendship!


8 comments:

antique quilter said...

I love your halloween quilt, and have to admit I don't have any halloween fabrics in my closet, think I am missing out big time that quilt is fun, I would have left the first block just the way you made it.
Love the fabrics here and oh the start of your new project is just fun....can't wait to see more!
glad you were able to visit with your favorite girls!
Kathie

Debby said...

Your Halloween quilt is so darn cute, can't wait to see what you do with all those little bits. I started a container for 2 1/2 scraps that is filling up fast, finding new ways to use it all up will be great

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

You didn't get into your sewing room until evening? And THEN you pieced a FEW backings and bindings? Geez, Girl, how do you get so much done???

Cheryl said...

I did get a little piecing done, just not as much as you. I am going to have to try to make bindings when I get backings together...very organized!

Wendy said...

Well you accomplished more that I did. I'd say you are doing well, every little bit adds up. And you had a wonderful visit too!

Ranch Wife said...

Well someone is going to be finishing up some yummy projects soon! I don't sew for Halloween either, but I love Fall and that pumpkin fabric looks like the perfect backing for your fun quilt. The fact that you found it in your stash is an added bonus! Happy to hear that you were able to spend some time with your girls - I'm betting that was a treat for them too!

Carol said...

Way to go...backings and bindings all done and ready...YIPPEE! Glad you had some fun time with the girlies!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I am having a peaceful day today. I have a long list of house chores to accomplish, interspersed with visits to my newly planted pansies in the deck railing planters, sips of iced tea on the deck and looking at pictures taken when our whole family was here last week. A wonderful day, some chores to make me feel like I'm accomplishing and some relaxing to make me feel I'm accomplishing relaxing - both are great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...