Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sigh!!!


Today was not a very productive day - sigh!



I stepped into my sewing room with grand plans to start cutting a new project but my ruler and I couldn't see eye to eye. I made a couple of cutting errors and ended up very frustrated. It was time to walk away. :-)


Then my favorite girls stopped by and we all decided to go for lunch. Food was excellent but the service was pathetic. Oh well. They headed home and I took a nap (full tummy, after all) LOL



Back into the sewing room feeling a bit refreshed only to make yet another cutting mistake. Huge sigh!



I decided the sewing Gods were trying to tell me something - LOL It was time to sit with my stitching and the TV. I finished C - Candy Cane from my Snowmen A to Zzzz by Crabapple Hill Studio project. Tomorrow I need to prep another letter - big decision. LOL




You wouldn't believe how this picture was taken - LOL



I had it soaking in a sink full of warm water to dissolve the printable solvy. I pulled it out, rinsed it and while it was dripping wet I smoothed it out over the tiles in the bathtub. Where there's a will, there's a way.



I hope my ruler and I can become friends again and we can see eye to eye tomorrow because I plan to sew. :-)



Was your day pieceful? I hope so.



In Friendship!


(no late night for me - time to head to bed)

15 comments:

antique quilter said...

omg that snowman is a doable
what a cute pattern of course I had to go look your talking snowmen here....love them!
hard to choose which letter to do next can't wait to see...
sorry about the cutting , happens to all of us, yes walk away for the day!
Kathie

Darlene D said...

What a cute snowman! Can't wait to see more! Hope your sewing goes better today!

Carol said...

Oh poo...we've all had those icky cutting days, I get confused which line I'm supposed to cut or the ruler has feet and keeps walking across the fabric. Love your snowman! Gosh those are sooooooooo cute!

Terry said...

Your snowman is so cute! :0)

Ranch Wife said...

Here's hoping you've set that ruler straight today and it'll be on it's best behavior! :) I'm still thinking your day was productive - good food, good company,an adorable snowman...and a nap!
Lots of hexi stitching going on around here.

Carol said...

Very cute Darlene. I love redwork embroidery.

Loris said...

Sweet! I love the lines in the 'C'
Lovely stitching! I'm using up the last of my Transfer Eze and then I have the Solvy to try.
Hope you have a more work-friendly ruler today.

Cheryl said...

I'M BACK!!!!!! Sorry your ruler was misbehaving..I hate when that happens. Love, love your sweet snowman block. Thanks for checking on me :-)!

Allie said...

Argh to cutting errors - you were smart to walk away! Love your stitchery so much. I'm not getting any sewing done today - went to a Red Wings signing and off to dinner in a few, maybe when I get home!

Cheryll said...

LoVe your "C". Great work... :)

SewCalGal said...

So cute. The absolute cutest snowman I've ever seen!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

The snowman is adorable. Not every day is a good sewing day :-)

Thearica said...

Your stitcheries are adorable!

Hope you tamed the beast!

Anonymous said...

Loving it! You are FAST!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Those snowmen are just the cutest Darlene - along with your beautiful stitches it is going to be a treasure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...