Friday, July 06, 2012

Plan B



:-)




My sweet pile of Pam Kitty Morning fat eighths waiting patiently for me to decide what they will become. I've had my thinking cap on to no avail - maybe I need to stop thinking. LOL




See the red block with the prints? On Wednesday I planned to make a bunch of similar blocks in all the prints with white Kona. They would look like lifesavers skipping across the quilt. Sweet? Maybe! Simply wasn't flipping my skirt (so to speak). I don't like to settle and I felt that's what I was doing. I didn't have a Plan B but the possibility existed so I decided to keep thinking. :-)





I had grand plans to sew the day away but the stars were not aligned. LOL And, then the unthinkable happened!!! The a/c quit providing much needed cold air. Big, big sigh! You know we live on the Surface of the Sun, the Chamber of Commerce wants you to believe it's the Valley of the Sun, yeah right! LOL The last thing I wanted to do was add more heat to my sewing room with the iron and lights - icky!!!!





I hunkered down on the couch with my netbook on my lap and the search for Plan B began. I looked for inspiration on Pinterest, Google, blogs, etc. And, then while visiting a favorite blog I had a huge light bulb moment. OMG, that was it - yes that was definitely it. I counted my fat eighths and did the math - YES it was going to work. WooHoo!!!!






No sewing yesterday, even though I had Plan B because we were waiting for the Greg, the a/c guy. He arrived mid-morning, as promised, and put a big band aid on the a/c unit. It needs a little more TLC but it's working enough to keep the house (us) cool, so we're happy.






We have an appointment later this morning and Greg, the a/c guy, is coming by while we're away but when we return I plan to start cutting and sewing.






I hope to share Plan B with you soon. Stay tuned. teehee!






Don't ya love it when a plan comes together, even if it is Plan B?






Thanks so much for popping by to visit with me - come again soon!






In Friendship!





roh, roh - I don't have enough Kona. Do you think Budget Guy would stop on the way home? Yep, I think so, too.

20 comments:

Debi said...

I love it when a plan comes together..these fabrics are beautiful.

Wendy said...

Things will pop into place when we least expect it. I can't wait to see what you've done with Pam Kitty fabrics. I have a few pieces as well.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Darlene, I can't wait to see plan B!!! I used the same block you showed us (shoo fly???) in a quilt I made in a beginning quilters class, but I decided to turn the four corner HSTs around so the light side was in on every other block...it was...interesting, LOL. See, I didn't take the beginner's class until I had already made a King sized Amish style 'Spinning Star' or Star Spin quilt. So when I went to the beginner's class, I got bored easily and started playing around with my stack of HSTs and coming up with blocks that weren't in the quilt we were making, *hanging my head in shame*. So I guess I could say that was a 'plan B' quilt, huh? Or my "I'm not a very good student quilt", hehehe. I have a picture on my Flicker page, it is an odd little lap quilt but I love it.

Stitched With Prayer said...

OH...forgot to tell you, I love the PKM fabric your using, so bright a fun. Yummy!!! Hugs...

carol fun said...

Can't wait to see PlanB. Have you checked Joanns for Kona? I'm pretty sure there are 40% off coupons online. Hope the AC guy got you chilling. Have a great weekend!

Jeanne said...

Looking forward to the reveal of Plan B!

Sinta Renee said...

I hope your a/c is all better now! It's bad enough we have a hobby (obsession)like quilting that we pursue during the hot summer months... but no a/c would be unmerciful. I can't wait to see what lovelyness you make with the PKM fabrics. That fabric is so darn cute.

Shakerwood said...

As you started the story, I could see Plan B unfolding in my mind's eye. It looks gorgeous .... just so you know! LOL

sunny said...

Close your eyes, fondle the fabric, and let it speak to you. You can't force these things, as you've found. can't wait to see Plan B.

Anonymous said...

lol,thats not fair leaving us in suspence ,lol,cant wait to see.xx

Carol said...

I'll be right here waiting to see what Plan B is going to be...can't wait!

Dresden Quilter said...

I am glad you chose not to settle. Looking forward to seeing Plan B.

Kim Brackett said...

So maybe it's a good thing your air conditioning went out. I can't wait to see what you're doing with those adorable fabrics!

Cheryl said...

I know whatever you come up with it will be WONDERFUL...and yes it's so wonderful when a plan comes together :-)!

QuiltSue said...

I'm looking forward to seeing Plan B.

antique quilter said...

ok so whats Plan B I have to wait another day to find out????
hmmmmm not fair :)
I love those fabrics again I nice happy summery quilt will be made I am sure.
Kathie

Deanna said...

Better Plan B than Plan X. :) I am certain it will be wonderful and look forward to seeing it.

Carol said...

Whatever you have in mind to make I'm sure it's going to be super cute. I like Pam Kitty Morning fabric too.

Diane said...

oh I love it- nothing like inspiration and execution coming together can't wait to see plan B!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Gosh! I wonder what it could be! :) I have an inkling I know, but I won't spill the beans. :) Your collection of PKM is glorious so I am certain plan B will be amazing after all, it's a skirt flipper! Hope the A/C is blowing cool air as you stitch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...